Mother’s day is just around the corner and today I am going to share another story of an amazingly positive personality- Meera Gandhi. She is a Global Philanthropist and Mompreneur. Meera T. Gandhi is the CEO and Founder of the Giving Back Foundation and is actively involved in the day to day operations and the on-site grass roots projects, as well as the grant making decisions. Mrs. Gandhi is noted for her Life Motto, “We are to the universe only as much as we give back to it.”
Meera Gandhi is the daughter of an Irish mother, Ellen Mary, originally of Dublin and an Indian father, Admiral Perbodh Nath Agarwal from UP, India. She grew up in India, England and Ireland and was educated in India, Canada and the United States, where she received her MBA. In 2007 Meera Gandhi completed the Executive Education Program from the Harvard Business School. She has three children, two daughters and a son.
Meera Gandhi is devoting her life to charity and to helping those in need: abused and hungry children, widows, the sick, the deaf and blind, and she is particularly interested in education as the stepping stone to success.
She recently produced and directed an inspiring documentary, musical CD and coffee table book, all entitled Giving Back.
“Giving Back: The Film,” includes touching vignettes of Meera’s prominent and not-so-prominent friends and illustrates how their philanthropic endeavours are indeed changing the world. Included are Cherie Blair, Kerry Kennedy, Patricia Velasquez, Kristi Yamaguchi, Steven Rockefeller, Francine Le Frak, Clodagh, Ronan Tynan, Deborah Norville, Narcisso Rodriguez and red carpet interviews with Bono and others. The film, book and CD have been introduced in eight cities since 2010: New York, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Delhi, Dublin, Paris and Istanbul. 100 percent of the proceeds from Meera Gandhi’s Giving Back project will go to charity.
In the words of Kerry Kennedy, “Meera Gandhi is one of those remarkable women whom the angels must have sent to teach us a lesson on how to conduct a fruitful life.” – September 2010
- Worked with Mother Teresa in Asha Dan, Mumbai when she was 16.
- Founder, Giving Back Foundation(2010)
Work done by the foundation:
- The adoption of New Delhi’s St. Michael’s School in India. As a result of the program, the children of St. Michael’s School are provided with meals on a daily basis and have had their entire school and its grounds refurbished. The program provided a new hostel, a playground, and a new school block filled with classrooms.
- Giving Back Foundation is involved in a number of philanthropic programs which include: providing, on an annual basis, awards & honorariums to teenage students at the Eleanor Roosevelt Leadership Centre.
- Providing annual grants to South Asia college students for their studies at Baruch College in New York City.A five-year commitment to the Woodstock Film Festival which includes providing annual honorariums and awards to people involved in filmmaking whose work serves to causes social change. In 2011, Gandhi presented the first annual Meera Gandhi Giving Back award to Mark Ruffalo.Other charities Gandhi is involved with either directly or through her Foundation include the Happy Home and School for the blind in Mumbai, the Robert F. Kennedy Centre for Justice & Human Rights, the Cambodian Landmine Relief Fund, CenterPoint, Give to Colombia and The American Friends of Prince William and Prince Harry.
- Curated the Giving candle and the recently launched, Giving Fragrance, and for both, total 100% proceeds will go towards charity, to raise funds for the GBF.
- Hosted and curated the show, The Meera Gandhi Show. It focuses on health, wellness and positivity at https://www.themeeragandhishow.com/
Hope you all did find this post helpful and would give it a try.Let me know if you have questions and queries to ask!!
Give My Blog Rating On BlogAdda here
Follow me on: